Hello, today
I´m going to talk about mi favorite artist, Silvio Rodriguez.
Silvio Rodríguez Domínguez is a songwriter,
guitarist and Cuban poet, characteristic exponent of the music of his country emerged with the Cuban Revolution, known as the Nueva Trova Cubana, shared with other famous singers such as Pablo Milanes, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliu. He was awarded,
along with Joan Manuel Serrat as the best Hispanic singer of the second half of the twentieth century, and in 1997 his music was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
I listen
this artist since I born because my dady listened him. With his music I grew. I
have so much memories of my chilhood. I like music of Silvio because I feel so
happy, quiet and in pace. Also I listen to Silvio even now because the letters
of his songs are very interesting and make me think in what is the really meaning
of the songs. I think that Silvio isn’t the best singer of the world but his tone
of voice I really special and his feel, way of play guitar and his letters are
so good.
My favorite song of Silvio is “Playa girón” because is a song with tow meanings. The first meaning is related a win of a war of revolutionary Cubans against of exiled Cubans, supported by United States, in “Bahía de cochinos” in a beach called “Playa girón”. The second meaning is a dedication to some men that worked in a boat called “Playa girón” where Silvio work one year. Also I like this songs because I feel the simplicity of human, that is only a human, all whit different qualities, but all are human that have an own vision of the things and that is so difficult judge each action of other people.
Here is the link to listen "Playa Girón" of Silvio Rodriguez.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvuru_jPgM
hi dany! I like silvio too, because my mother love him and she always put his songs and I know that haha
ResponderEliminarHi Danny, like Rocio and you I enjoy the music of Silvio and I listen with my father, I like the message of his songs
ResponderEliminarI only know one or two song of him I think, but I really love these songs. The songs are "El Necio", "El mayor" and "Te doy una canción"!
ResponderEliminarHello daniela!
ResponderEliminarI'm really like Silvio Rodriguez. When I was a children, in my house, all the weekends we listened his songs, and for this reason I like he.
Goodbye!